Here I am! Again!
Handsome has missed my little blogging adventure very, very much. Not that he said so but he did casually mention one time several weeks back, "You should blog again." (Or maybe he said I never blog anymore or that I should never blog anymore--I can't really remember)
Today this baby turns six.
I am not sad but more stunned. At times things feel like such an effort with Mr. Man. Everything from crawling to talking to eating to writing. So, here we are--six years old and at the very start of our school day. I pray he will flourish.
One of the neatest things about Mr. Man is his questions and thing he says. There have been so many lately; he ask incredible questions about things I have never thought about. He is so funny with what he says.
"Did Jesus call Granny's name when it was time for her to die?"
"Where is the 'Mountain of God'? Can we go there?" (While listening to a song about having to go through valleys so you could get to the mountain)
"Did God send the angels with swords to kill Pharoah?" (He is big on talking about angels and pharoahs right now).
"What does stalk mean?" (We always talk about that the song "Gods Great Dance Floor" is stalking us in that, for a long time, it was always on the radio when we were listening. We had not heard the song or said that word for a couple months when he asked me this).
"Is this a song about Jesus? If not, why is it on the Fish?" (While listening to Steven Curtis Chapman's "Cinderella" a song which really doesn't mention Jesus but talks about heaven)
"Dad, do you have some elves? Mom, do you have elves?" We both respond with a no. He then says triumphantly, "You CAN'T be Santa Claus."
On Monday, we were driving to Grandmama's for his birthday party. I was reminding him that we say thank you and giving him scenarios so he could practice. I said, "What if someone gives you a princess doll?" There was a long pause. Finally, M responded hesitantly, "No....thank you."
There is an engagement picture of me and Handsome at the in-law's home. M saw it one day and said, "That is Mommy and Daddy. Why do they have a spirit of love in that picture?"
