One of the reasons it was important for me to blog on (and not just throw in the towel) is so that I can continue to write down little moments from my guys.
About my baby.....
-"I NOT A BABY! I a big boy!"
-when he prays, he prays for several minutes. At the beginning of the month, it was a lot of repetition. "Thank you for Mommy and Daddy, Mommy and Daddy, Mommy and Daddy. Me and M, Me and M, Me and M." He would say this approximately 20 times. He has also been thanking God for the people who were "hit by the tornado" for awhile now, as well as thanking him for the people who were "not hit by the tornado."
-In the last few days, his prayers are more about what is going on in his life as well as a listing of his loved ones. Tonight he thanked God for his long monkey pajamas (he wanted to wear the long pants that go with the pj's he got for his birthday). He thanked God for the train museum and his new soccer shoes and shin guards.
-He doesn't want to wear any kind of shirt with buttons right
now. At first, it was just shirts that buttoned all the way down. Now it is polo shirts as well which makes dressing for church difficult. And we had/have shoe issues. In April I bought him a pair he liked, wore ten times and then HATED. But his other pair (which he also picked out) could never obtain the correct tightness so I would end up adjusting them regularly. Thankfully, Stride Rite returned the ten times pair but we seriously tried on 20 pairs of shoes to find another. I never know what to push on and what to just accept and love him for. So I keep telling myself, "I am flexible" but sometimes I just want to skip the drama associated with dressing.
now. At first, it was just shirts that buttoned all the way down. Now it is polo shirts as well which makes dressing for church difficult. And we had/have shoe issues. In April I bought him a pair he liked, wore ten times and then HATED. But his other pair (which he also picked out) could never obtain the correct tightness so I would end up adjusting them regularly. Thankfully, Stride Rite returned the ten times pair but we seriously tried on 20 pairs of shoes to find another. I never know what to push on and what to just accept and love him for. So I keep telling myself, "I am flexible" but sometimes I just want to skip the drama associated with dressing.
-He loves to read. And he loves to play with his brothers.
-He will be playing 3 year old soccer in the fall. He would prefer his team to be called the "Lions." Today, after buying cleats, he wanted to go to soccer practice straight away and cried because we told them they weren't having practice yet.
-Tonight he prayed, "Thank you that Mommy loves me. Thank you that Daddy loves me."