Saturday, August 3, 2013

A Break from Insanity

Just a moment tonight but I have a book and a bath waiting for me.  Tonight the Biscuit is going to relax.

I have been working out online with the "Insanity" program since June.  I really enjoy it. Turns out, I like sweating and I really like the way exercise makes me feel.  My sister got me a fancy pedometer for my birthday so I have been trying to count steps too.  Earlier this week I (ever so slightly) pulled a muscle in my leg. Since I hadn't taken my rest day, I took Wednesday off. I worked out on Thursday but I wasn't on it and then Friday was my stretching/cardio recovery day.  Friday did not go well so I walked 5 miles around the Mountain last night.

Today is day 46--it is supposed to be a real intense workout. Honestly, my shoulder has been hurting for the last several days and I have been popping Ibuprofen.  I knew last night that, although I could probably modify the workout and make it through, it would not be near 100%.  So, as much as I hate to admit this, I am going to take a few days off.  I climbed the Mountain today and then did 2 miles walking this evening. I enjoy Insanity but I don't want to over do it.  

A break does not mean I am going back to where I was in February.  I have changed my life.  My family deserves a healthy and strong Biscuit; this break is just further proof of the change in my life.  I can do what is best for me, even if it deviates from the "schedule."  

Until March, I have tried over and over again to lose weight and change my habits.  I was a broken record. I would never really make the changes needed and would soothe myself with the knowledge I was technically still "skinny."  Until, one day, I realized I was 7 lbs away from my delivery weight from my FOURTH baby.  Remember, I got pregnant with number four at my delivery weight from the FIRST.  I joined Weight Watchers in the Fall, stopped for Disney, and then restarted in March but just spent my points eating badly and then fruit (which is no points).  Finally, come April, I made Handsome put the scale in the basement and decided I needed to focus on HEALTH, not the number on the scale.  So, here I am-- in much better shape with no idea of what I weigh :)

I am thankful to the Lord for this body.  It was past time I showed him my appreciation for my health by taking care of myself.

Blog Archive

About Me

Sometimes life happens and I don't do so good of a job communicating with my sweet spouse. This blog lets him know what is going on at home and it helps me have someone to "talk to" on nights he is busy with work :) Although only Handsome officially knows about my little hobby, I do use nicknames and initials for my kids.