Sunday, October 5, 2014

L's Letter to President Obama

September 30th I gave L the assignment to write a letter. I told him he could write to anyone he wanted (I was thinking his cousin or grandparents) and he asked if he could write to President Obama. I said sure so, without any other prompting, he wrote the following letter. I am going to mail it tomorrow and wanted to keep a copy. Since it is in pencil, I am not sure my picture copy can be clearly seen.

September 30, 2014

Dear Mr. President,

My name is LF.  I am 10 years old and I live in Lilburn, GA, which is in Gwinnet County.  I have four brothers, and their names N, M, and J.  I am the oldest brother, and my brothers look up to me.  And I can't imagine how hard it is to have an entire country look up to you, and I bet you hardly have time to yourself.  And you also have two kids and two dogs, so it must be really, really hard on you.  But don't let it get you down, because even leaders have tough days.  But I'm not writing this letter to discourage you, I'm writing this letter to encourage you, to keep doing what you're doing to make the United States of America a better place. Keep up the good work.

Then he closes with his name and address.

I doubt President Obama will ever read this letter but I appreciate the heart of it so very much.  We talk a lot in our family about praying and supporting our leaders and I see that caring spirit in this boy.


Blog Archive

About Me

Sometimes life happens and I don't do so good of a job communicating with my sweet spouse. This blog lets him know what is going on at home and it helps me have someone to "talk to" on nights he is busy with work :) Although only Handsome officially knows about my little hobby, I do use nicknames and initials for my kids.