Saturday, February 8, 2014

Wearing Down

Another busy week here, by Friday I was worn out.  I went grocery shopping by myself Tuesday night but, other then that, it had been a long time since I was without kiddos.  I was grouchy Thursday night and woke up Friday in the same funk  We had had a field trip that morning so we did some school work before our trip and then finished up afterwards.  I couldn't decide what to do first--I was suffering from "don't-want-it is." I just sat at the computer for 45 minutes while the boys did their Kindle freetime.  Finally, I thought, "I am overwhelmed. I just need to get busy." So I started cleaning the house.  (I dread cleaning the house these days.)  It wasn't really messy but it was dirty since I hadn't cleaned it in about 6 weeks. 
 
Was it the deepest cleaning this house has ever seen? No, but I cleaned under and removed cushions and dusted and put toys back.  The walls in the kitchen (and the kitchen cabinets) are just dirty. The house won't truly be clean until we leave.  The biggest blessing was that I got it all done last night. So today I did a couple loads of laundry, checked the budget, grocery shopped and will work on valentines.
 
Mostly, here, it just feels like February.  Today the sun shone and I walked the mountain.  Maybe I will make it until Spring. (Picture is my assistant while running errands this morning)
 


Blog Archive

About Me

Sometimes life happens and I don't do so good of a job communicating with my sweet spouse. This blog lets him know what is going on at home and it helps me have someone to "talk to" on nights he is busy with work :) Although only Handsome officially knows about my little hobby, I do use nicknames and initials for my kids.