Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Valentine


Well, Valentine's Day was proceeded by one day of rain, one day of ice and one day of snow. Luckily, I had bought our gifts back in January when we had a free trial of Amazon Prime.  I did not do as well with my "Heart Attack" this year (paper hearts on their door listing good qualities) but I did do a different spin on it. I had the brothers, Dad, and the aunts also give me good qualities. I bought each of my four a silly Valentine balloon from the dollar store.

I think our best Valentine tradition is the scavenger hunt. It only takes about five minutes but they just tear through the house. M had been asking for a DVD  "Here Come the Octonauts" for about two months; I knew that he would be thrilled.  The bigger boys received Star Wars book and J got a spending piggy bank and a plane.  MaMaw and PaPaw sent them $5 (which they spent on Beyblades) but the cards from them were part of the hunt as well.  


I wanted to keep a record of some of the things that were written about each of them and pasted on their door. I even had the boys write a few about their Dad.

Dad: I love Daddy to play with me. J
Daddy always takes time to play with us. L
Daddy piggyback rides us. M
Dad is always humorous. He is a good Dad. N

J:  J's laugh is fun to hear-it is almost musical. Dad
He shows people God's love by giving them hugs and being excited to see them.
He shows care for others. L, P, Y
J is a good singer.
J lets me run around with him. M
J always cheers me up when I am feeling dull. N
J makes sure no one is left out. He is careful to make sure all his brothers are with us.
J is very energetic. L
J gives good hugs.

M: M makes everyday a fun adventure! L, P, Y
M is good at soccer. L 
I love that M stands up for his brothers and does not let others put them down.
I admire that M keeps working on things that are hard for him.
M is real funny. N
M is great at making people feel at ease, comfortable, happy and able to laugh. Dad
He is a good helper in the kitchen.
M plays soccer with me and calls me "Cootchie Coo." J
M loves to learn about the Bible.


L: L always plays with me. N
I love the way L encourages others through actions and words.
L is a good and accepting friend.
L loves the natural world God made. L, P, Y
L let me defeat him at Beyblades. It made me feel good. M
L helps me get a snack. J
L is patient with his brothers.
L is really beginning to show a strong love for God in his words and actions. Dad
L is a thoughtful pet owner who adds extra water and makes sure his frogs have what they need.

N: N makes me a lot of paper airplanes. M
N sees humor in life around him. L, P, Y
N smiles at me. J
N is very humorous. L
N does not give up if he does not succeed the first time.
N makes friend easily and has many different friends.
I love the way N plays games with his little brothers.
N is good at getting involved in Bible class and worship, always excited about participating. Dad
N is honest and fun.

Blog Archive

About Me

Sometimes life happens and I don't do so good of a job communicating with my sweet spouse. This blog lets him know what is going on at home and it helps me have someone to "talk to" on nights he is busy with work :) Although only Handsome officially knows about my little hobby, I do use nicknames and initials for my kids.