Thursday, January 9, 2014

Thursday Lunch

Thanks to my new laptop I am typing this in the middle of the day.  The boys are watching a "What's in the Bible?" DVD. N has dental surgery this afternoon so we are doing school like crazy this morning.  I tried to mix it up--they did a Europe puzzle, free drawing to Beethoven's 5th...with January I am trying to vary it so we don't go crazy. Last night, we made cupcakes and then frosted them like the phases of the moon. 
 
The last few days have felt hard.  A pipe broke yesterday morning and, right now, I could name at least 5 other things that are broken or leaking.  When we went to bed last night, the boys' toilet was putting up brown water. Since we have a septic tank, this could be bad.  I tell God I trust him with our finances but then constantly want to take it back from him.
 
I promised God and myself that I would not give in to the January glums. But it has been hard with freezing water, lots of house problems, money issues, a piano that needs serious work, OT needs, chores.  There have been blessings--L made the Academy soccer team.  It is easy to focus on the negatives though (especially when it is dark and cold!) instead of choosing joy.  We started back to Summit yesterday and babysitting starts Tuesday.  My Tuesdays will be full--OT, babysitting, and speech.  But each of those things are blessings and my MIL will be taking my oldest for some one on one time.
 
The devil is preying on my insecurities.  Last night, I was thinking of all the ways I am NOT doing a good job in teaching my children-- N needs serious work on his math facts, M's shapes/coloring/writing are still very, very poor.  But I stayed up, filling their boxes and praying.  I can't do this. God can though and I can be his servant.  When I get discouraged, I think about giving the devil a big punch in the face. Through my obedience and my joy and my love to my family, I picture myself giving the devil a punch in the face.
 
I don't always get to choose my circumstances but I can choose my attitude. :) 
 
 


Blog Archive

About Me

Sometimes life happens and I don't do so good of a job communicating with my sweet spouse. This blog lets him know what is going on at home and it helps me have someone to "talk to" on nights he is busy with work :) Although only Handsome officially knows about my little hobby, I do use nicknames and initials for my kids.