December has not flown by but, once again, I find myself staring at an almost sockless mantle and a full Jesse Tree. I took more pictures of the socks (or lack thereof) tonight but this picture was taken earlier, when there was lots of fun still to be had.
Here is my 2013 sock activities (for 2014 and beyond, when I have not a foggy clue):
Bass Pro, Christmas party at church, Pink Pig, carriage ride, Christmas parade, Christmas even at Handsome's school, Walk thru Bethlehem, go play at Grandmama's house, go to a basketball game at Daddy's school, caroling with church friends, play at Park with Troupes, go look at Christmas lights, go see movie FROZEN with Dad, movie/popcorn/hot chocolate at home, gingerbread houses, play with friends at old school during their recess, tour Governor's Mansion, make sugar cookies, go for a walk down Greenway, and travel to Nanna's.
Some that I didn't use were: Global Winter Wonderland (it got rained out so we will go in between Christmas and New Year's) and Yellow River Game Ranch (their $1 is Monday and we will be gone). Another idea for next year is to keep checking at the library for the zoo pass. In addition, I need to do some kind of make ornament or Christmas cookie early in the month BEFORE sugar cookies. I did lots of fun things at the beginning so, by this week, I was really struggling for activities. And I didn't want to do another sweet since we are making cookies tomorrow. I also had "Go to the Farmer's Market" in a stocking but that ended up being a no-go because L went to play with a friend that day. One day I gave them a choice--go to a live nativity or stay home and watch a movie. They chose the movie.
It took more thought this year. For starters, I did not have the school activities (Christmas parties, book buddies, shows, etc) to rely on to automatically fill some days. Mainly, I am really trying to stay on a budget. As I read through past journals, I was amazed at how many expensive things we did in the same year--Stone Mountain, Aquarium, and the lights at Lake Lanier. It is probably because I had less kids to pay for (some were under 3 and still free) and because I was working. We put $300 aside in a savings account this month and I don't want to over do it.
Thankfully, we have been healthy. L asked me today about Stone Mountain Christmas and I didn't respond. We are pondering Six Flags season tickets instead.
